Since the very first time it was launched in India, the Chinese smartphone brand Xiaomi has kept on giving tough competition to all the other brands in the market. Recently, with announcement of MI 6, it has opened a whole new possibility of high-end smartphones at less than medium budget!
Xiaomi’s newly announced smartphone MI has almost all the features that phones like iPhone 7 & Samsung Galaxy S8 has and that too at almost impossible price! According to the Xiaomi founder and CEO Lei Jun:
“Mi 6 is the culmination of our seven years of research and development in the smartphone industry, and represents the pinnacle of our journey thus far. Besides being a performance beast that is powered by a Snapdragon 835, the Mi 6 also demonstrates how we are constantly refining our design and pushing the boundaries of materials technology with the use of four-sided 3D curved glass and ceramic. I’m really excited to join our Mi fans today to introduce Mi 6, which once again defies price expectations, and I’m looking forward to unveiling even more amazing products in the year to come.”
So what is so special about this phone that makes it deserve so much hype?
Well, to start with, it has a dual camera that captures photos in portrait mode blurring the background and highlighting the focus object just like in iPhone7 & 7 Plus! To get a better idea as to how these images will look like, Xiaomi released the below image for reference.
Along with dual camera, it has powerful Snapdragon 835 processor and 6GB RAM which is almost far more than that available in laptops at same price! It has ravishing curved 3D glass design that makes it feel ultra-premium.
According to the reports, the phone will be available in 64GB and 128GB variants priced approximately at 25,000 & 29,000 INR, Both the variants will have 6GB RAM.
There also will be two special versions of the phone- Silver & Ceramic. The ceramic edition of phone will have 18K gold plated rims while the Silver edition will have the four-sided 3D curve body like Ceramic one. Both the special editions in 64GB variant will cost approximately 29,000 INR
It has approximately a 5.15 inch display and it will support full-HD with resolution of 1080×1920. A surprising feature of this phone is that it has 4096 levels of brightness and hence it allows brightness level to start at much lower level. If all this is not impressive enough for you, have a look at other specs of phone:
Key specifications of Mi 6:
• Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 with 10nm process technology (Octa-core, max 2.45GHz)
• Kryo 280 micro-architecture, Adreno 540 GPU
• Dual camera with optical zoom
• 12MP wide angle with 4-axis OIS stabilisation + 12MP telephoto
• Portrait Photography with blur effect
• 5.15” display with reduced glare, precise 0.15-nit adjustments (total 4096 brightness levels)
• Four-sided 3D curved glass body, high-gloss stainless steel frame
• 145.17 x 70.49 x 7.45mm
• 6GB LPDDR4x RAM + 64GB or 128GB storage
• 3350mAh high-capacity battery, full-day usage
• Stereo speakers, immersive video and gaming experience
• Under-glass front fingerprint sensor
• Splash-resistant, USB Type-C charging
• Full NFC functionality: Read, write, card emulation
• Available in Black, White, Blue and Silver
• Available in Ceramic with 18-karat gold camera rims