Forbes magazine’s list of the world’s richest billionaires has once again named Bill Gates as the number one. The Microsoft co-founder, who has an estimated wealth of $86 billion (Rs. 56,22,25,00,00,000), leads the pack of world’s richest for the fourth consecutive year.
The Forbes list consists of a total of 2,043 billionaires with a total net worth of $7.67 trillion. United States continue to be the house of billionaires with 8 of the top 10 richest men and a total of 565 billionaires hailing from the US. The other two include a Mexican and a Spanish billionaire.
Check here top 10 billionaires of the world
1. Bill Gates (Net worth: $86 billion)
2. Warren Buffett (Net worth: $75.6 billion)
3. Jeff Bezos (Net worth: $72.8 billion)
4. Amancio Ortega (Net worth: $71.3 billion)
5. Mark Zuckerberg (Net worth: $56 billion)
6. Carlos Slim Helu (Net worth: $54.5 billion)
7. Larry Ellison (Net worth: $52.2 billion)
8. Charles Koch (Net worth: $48.3 billion)
9. David Koch (Net worth: $48.3 billion)
10. Michael Bloomberg (Net worth: $47.5 billion)
India too has quite a few achievemnets to be proud of. India has the world’s fourth highest number of billionaires and is home to 101 billionaires. The list of Indian billionaires is topped by Reliance Industries chief Mukesh Ambani with a net worth of $23.2 billion. The list also includes four Indian women.
Check Here top 10 richest Indians listed as per their global rank!
33. Mukesh Ambani (Net worth: $23.2 billion)
56. Lakshmi Mittal (Net worth: $16.4 billion )
72. Azim Premji (Net worth: $14.9 billion )
84. Dilip Shanghvi (Net worth: $13.7 billion)
102. Shiv Nadar (Net worth: $12.3 billion )
133. Kumar Birla (Net worth: $9.5 billion)
159. Cyrus Poonawalla (Net worth: $8.1 billion)
166. Uday Kotak (Net worth: $8 billion )
182. Sunil Mittal (Net worth: $7.5 billion)
250. Gautam Adani (Net worth: $5.8 billion )
There have been many new comers from India with the Paytm and Patanjali Ayurveda owners leading the list. Demonetisation has been the biggest game changer for India billionaires.