Praising Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the BJP on the third anniversary of the “decisive” NDA government, BJP chief Amit Shah listed the achievements of the party since it came to power in 2014 and asserted that India will emerge as a great nation under Modi’s leadership.
Here are some key highlights from BJP Chief Amit Shah’s address:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been successful in changing the scale of the country’s thought. Even in last three years, the Politics of India has changed. Casteism, nepotism and appeasement had been uprooted. He said, “that’s why our motto for the celebration this time is: Sathi hai, vishwas hai, ho raha vikas hai”.
- Indian Army displayed their valour by surgical strikes, and PM Narendra Modi showed political will. When it comes to defence and national security, Modi government has always put this as a topmost priority. India has been presented as a country now with a strong political will.
- This government is clean and progressive, no corruption taint on us.
- While the formation of the government PM Modi said that this government would be for the poor and downtrodden, for farmers and for the Dalits. This government had worked day and night to ensure that the promise made by PM Modi is achieved.
- Without naming the Congress, Amit Shah said, “After years of corruption under the previous governments, we finally have a government that not even the opposition can accuse of corruption”.
- For last several years, our armed forces have been asking for One Rank One Pension or OROP, but their requests fell on deaf years. The Modi government ensured that OROP is implemented.
- Before BJP government was in power, Indian scientists used to be satisfied by launching 3 to 4 satellites. But now they have set world records by launching 104 satellites. Amit Shah gave the credit to scientists and said that Modi government will always support scientists to the best of their ability.
- The GST (Goods and Services Tax) or One Nation One Tax was a dream for traders and entrepreneurs across India. The Modi government made sure that the crucial bill was passed in the Parliament. The GST Bill is one of the most significant reforms, which makes India as one unified market.
- In last three years, the BJP government had repealed 1100 laws that were irrelevant and further simplified law and order.
- More and more Indians are moving towards digital transactions every day and so the country is undergoing a digital transformation. The Modi government launched the BHIM App, which is today the world’s most popular digital transaction app.
- Under Make in India programme, the Modi government has given manufacturing a major boost.
- The BJP government is also working day and night towards ensuring that electricity reaches the corner of the country.
- The BJP government has had also taken steps to put an end to VIP culture. Scrapping the red beacons from cars has been a path-breaking step.
- The current financial year has been a record year for industry and production. Urea production, Gas connections, Coal production, Urea production, Ethanol, electricity production, sea trade, railway investment, highest length of roads constructed, rural roads, most cars, two wheelers, highest Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) and highest Forex Reserves.
- The BJP government had regulated the price of stents, has brought heart treatment to the reach of the poor. PM Modi and the BJP government has laid the foundation for a ‘New India’.
- Inflation is under control, we are now the fastest growing economy in the world. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has said that India’s GDP will grow at 7.2 per cent.